Secrets to keeping your high achievers happy, challenged, and committed to your organization
You know who they are they’re the employees who consistently exceed expectations, create new opportunities, and develop creative, innovative solutions. In short, they make your job as a manager easier. However, they’re also the most likely to get bored with the tasks at hand, to be recruited away from your organization, or to seek out new and different opportunities elsewhere.
What are you doing to ensure your top performers remain highly motivated and committed to yourteam?
This power-packed 1-hour event will provide you with ideas and strategies to help you keep high achievers content and intent on staying put! Don’t spend another day watching the best and brightest get wooed away by competitors, vendors, recruiters, and even other teams within your organization! Uncover the secrets to retaining top employees, and learn what keeps these essential team members performing at their peak.
In just one hour, you’ll be able to identify:
- The 6 types of top performing employees and how motivating them is different from motivating the “average” employee
- The “Secret 7” retention tactics most managers fail to put into action
- A sure-fire way to combat a superstar’s ego when “self importance” becomes an attitude or performance issue
- The often-overlooked signs and statements that signal superstar dissatisfaction
- Tips for fighting to keep peak performers when they receive a better offer, better known as “Operation Retention”
- And much more!
How to Retain Your Best and Brightest Employees is packed with information to help you keep top performers in-house and develop retention practices that keep your team operating at its most effective, efficient level. We’ll also provide you with ways to inspire your entire team and maintain balance and harmony among contributors at all levels.
Sign up today, and gain the insights you need to help prevent costly turnover, while learning how to boost your entire team’s productivity and overall job satisfaction.